Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Love Letter to Myself

Dear Denise,

Today is June 8th, 2011.  Your life has fallen apart.  You have lost everything.  You have destroyed the people around you. The people that you hold closest to your heart, you have managed to push away.  This could be the end for you. You can look at this day and say, "this is the end of my life." or  you can say, "this is the first day of my life".  Whats it going to be Denise?  

You know from experience that you need to move through this tunnel to get to the other side.  You know from experience that you will do that, you will come out on the other side, the only real question is, will you still be this same narcissistic, self absorbed, scared little girl who is afraid to experience anything in your life, or will you come out more whole than you have ever been in your life?  Will you take this opportunity to find a way to love yourself, find things in you that are good and worth while or will you just stay in pain?

Forests fires have to happen to clean out the underbrush so that a healthier forest can flourish.  Are you willing to allow all of that underbrush to be burned away?  

Promises to myself. 

1. I promise to wake up every morning and tell myself that I am a good person, that I am worthy of love.
2. I promise to not think about the future or how I will fit back into everyone's life.
3. I promise to just work on my own stuff....

Today is the day Denise, if you let it be, today is the day to take back what was stolen from you so so long ago....

do it, just do it and get through it, tomorrow will be better.. I promise, tomorrow will be better.

Love,
Me

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. (Psalm 61:1-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment